Simple Tips to Look Great In Holiday Photos
For moms like me, Christmas means late nights working and wrapping presents, baking pies and playing Santa. Here's a few of my favorite quick tips for not looking quite as tired as you feel in those holiday snapshots.
1. A quick swipe of peachy blush with a hint of gold will counteract the blue in under eye circles.
2. A light peach or beige eye liner will make your eyes look larger, and the whites look whiter so you look quite so tired.
3. Use a primer before applying makeup both on your face and your eyelids. Your makeup will stay put all day. Because we all know you won't have time to touch it up. My absolute favorite is Laura Geller Beauty Spackle Trio.
4. Keep dry shampoo on hand. Just spray it in and brush it out when you don't have time to wash your locks. My favorite is "Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo."
5. To tame static filled hair, rub an unscented dryer sheet gently through you hair.
6. Cut your hair drying time in half by using a round vented brush.
7. Fill in your brows a bit. Use a brow pencil lighter than your actual brow, and use light feathered strokes. A little goes a long way to make your eyes look more awake.
8. A sheer tinted moisturizer can quickly even out your skin tone, and give you that "I just stepped out of yoga class" look.
9. Drink lots of water.